Attend an Event
The Land Conservancy holds a number of events throughout the year that are opportunities for folks to learn about the work TLC does, get involved with TLC, develop new skills, and support land preservation in McHenry County.
Get Involved - Support TLC's Land Preservation Work by helping at an event
- Art of the Land. TLC's fall fundraising event, held at the Historic Starline gallery in Harvard, Illinois is an event not to be missed. On a Friday and Saturday in November, this art show & benefit brings artists and artisans together for a celebration of the land and all it provides. The Planning Team meets in the months before the event at the TLC office, 4622 Dean Street to plan this exciting show.
- Annual Celebration Brunch. Held the last Sunday in January each year, this event brings TLC members and friends together for a celebration of the good works completed in the previous year, as well as recognition for the many volunteers and partners who contribute so much to the mission.
- Annual Rainbarrel & Composter Sale. Every spring, TLC sells recycled plastic rainbarrels and tumbling composters for pick-up in mid-May.
- Spring & Fall Native Tree, Shrub and Plant Sale. TLC works with Majestic Oak Nursery in Spring Grove and Red Buffalo Nursery in Richmond to host an online sale every spring and fall for your native plant garden and restoration needs!
Learn & Develop New Skills
- Ecological Fire Training is a one-day class held in the early spring to introduce landowners and volunteers to the proper use of ecological burning for natural area management.
- Learn about seed collecting at our Seed Sharing Day. This is an opportunity for people to collect and share native seed for their prairie, savannas and wet habitats.