The Harvard Community has a wonderful new park called Gateway Nature Park. The Land Conservancy of McHenry County has made great strides in clearing away the invasive plants and trees in this park, which allows sunshine to reach the ground and allows baby oak trees to sprout up from the soil. The last of the clearing will take place shortly. We are now moving into the next phase of this project.
The goal for Gateway Nature Park is to raise $174,000 by March 17, 2015. So far, we have raised $143,000, or 82% of the total! In other words, we are almost there. Thank you!
In 2014, five families donated $500 each to sponsor a bench, with one family and one Harvard business in 2015 donating to the final benches, one local resident donated $2,500 to sponsor a park sign that will be placed on Marengo Road and a local business sponsored the entry kiosk.
There are more sponsorship opportunities available:
- A park sign for Route 23: $2,500
- Three interpretive signs: $1,000 each
- A bridge crossing Rush Ck: $2,500 each (there are two)
- Make a donation: Any amount will help!
All sponsors and donors of more than $100 will be recognized on the sponsored item in addition to being recognized on the donor wall at the entry kiosk.
Ways to donate to the Harvard Gateway Project
- By mail: TLC, PO Box 352, Woodstock, IL 60098
- By phone: 815-337-9502
- In person: Visit our office at Hennen Conservation Area, 4622 Dean St, Woodstock. Please give us a call first to make sure someone is in the office.
- Online:See options below to make a donation online via paypal.
Make a Donation Today
Your tax-deductible donation or pledge of support today will help make this project a reality – ensuring a scenic entrance to the community forever.
You can also make a one-time gift to the project. Gifts of any amount will be acknowledged in TLC's Annual Report, and gifts of at least $50 will be recognized on the entry kiosk.